- You have the right to receive entitlements
- You have the right to confidentiality
- Access to documents that relate to your claim
- To have certain decisions reconsidered.
- Reasonable medical treatment paid for.
- Weekly income replacement if you are not working.
- Choose your treating doctor
- Choose your rehabilitation provider (though this is not recognised by Comcare)
- Choose your treatment providers
- Have a say in your return to work plan
- To have your union representative present at meetings
- To be consulted before an injury management plan is settled on
- To be treated with respect and dignity by everyone involved.
You also have a right to:
Remember to keep a copy of the notification/claim number from the insurer and quote it on all documents sent to the employer and insurer. You should also keep a copy of any documents relating to their injury and claim.
If you are off work and cannot do your normal job you should ask your doctor and employer about suitable duties.
When you visit your doctor you should discuss and record an injury management plan and submit this to the insurer with their certificate of capacity (workers comp certificate).
IWSN Comcare series. no 3