Expressions of interest are sought from people interested in joining the Injured Workers Support Network Board of Directors for a two year term commencing in March 2014.
The ideal candidate/s will have interest, skills and experience in all or some of the following areas;
- Governance and board membership
- A lived experience of workplace illness, injury or disability or the family member of a person with a of workplace death, illness, injury or disability
- Strategic business development
- Legal or working knowledge of the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme
- The drive to advocate on behalf of ill and injured families and make a difference in local communities
The positions are on a volunteer basis only and will not attract any Directorship fee.
|All expressions of interest will be considered against the skills and experience required.Expressions of interest must be lodged in writing by March 7, 2014 to email@example.com.|
Injured Workers Support Network is a not for profit, volunteer based support network established in 2011.
IWSN is an organisation whose prime purpose is to assist and support injured workers in meeting the adjustment needs, psychological issues and re-employment challenges during their injury or illness.
The Network offers-
* Peer support – opportunity to meet other workers who face the same difficulties and challenges via monthly support meetings
* Information regarding the NSW workers compensation system
* An opportunity to be supported whilst dealing with their injury, illness or disability
IWSN Mission is to assist and support workers who have sustained work related injuries, illness and disabilities:
• To provide and share information and experiences about the workers compensation system and the rights of injured & disabled workers.
• To form networks between injured workers and other organisations that has similar aims and objectives.
• To assist and encourage injured workers to establish links within their local community health system, Government Departments, organisations and other individual support groups who can assist injured workers.
• Advocate for a fair system of workers compensation for injured and ill workers and their families