Under the NSW Workers Compensation System, you are entitled to Occupational Rehabilitation if you sustain an injury or illness as a result of your work.
You also have the right to choose your own Rehabilitation Provider, treating doctor, Surgeon Medical test service and any other medical provider or service you may need to recover from your injury.
The IWSN advises you to use your own local doctor, and not attend any suggested to you by your employer or your insurer.
The IWSN advises you to think carefully about the rehabilitation provider you choose, It is important that the rehabilitation provider is not influenced by the insurer or your employer but has your recovery as its only goal.
The Workers Health Centre is the major sponsor of the IWSN and is highly recommended.
Established in the early 1970s, the Workers Health Centre is Australia’s oldest workers health and safety service. Over the years it has helped tens of thousands of workers.
The Workers Health Centre is a WorkCover NSW accredited Rehabilitation Provider. As a rehabilitation provider their role is to help you get back to work safely following an injury or illness.The Workers Health Centre is a non-profit organisation that has provided workers with quality health and safety services since 1976.
Their independent team of qualified health professionals, including treating doctors, can provide specialist services to assist you to return to your fullest potential at work.
Suite 2, 133 Parramatta Road
Granville NSW, 2142
Entrance via Good Street
(If using GPS use following: Corner of Good Street and Parramatta Road, Granville)
Phone: 02 9749 7666
Fax: 02 9897 2488
Postal Address: PO Box 123 Granville NSW 2142
A short walk from Granville railway station.
What we will do...
- Assess your individual needs
- Provide information about your injury and recovery
- Maintain regular contact with you and all parties involved in your rehabilitation to ensure a safe return to work
- Facilitate treatment services to enhance your recovery
- Provide ongoing support throughout your recovery and rehabilitation
- Provide advice about modifications to your job
- Establish programs to gradually increase your hours and duties at work
- Provide information about aids and equipment
- If necessary we will assist you to find new employment (this may include vocational counselling and retraining